Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) Administrator – Atlanta, GA
We are seeking a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) Systems Specialist to manage and work with our client’s CAD and serve as a single point of contact for all vendor-furnished software, communications or other interfaces, configuration and general support issues. The role requires a client-focused professional committed to success by embracing and living our core values of Persistence, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Prudence.
Basic Requirements, Knowledge, and Skills
- Provide setup, configuration, backups, performance and general CAD systems administration duties
- Provide technical expertise, oversight, and technical management of the client's CAD system
- Change and customize user configurable forms within the CAD software
- Monitor and adjust CAD system parameters and CAD systems operations for peak performance
- In addition to system administration tasks, the individual also provides a conduit for the flow of information between the vendor and the client
- Develop and maintain systems support procedures as needed
- Manage the CAD security and access to the systems per client instructions and security plan
- Perform the first level of CAD diagnostics for failures, identifying hardware or software problems
- Document any system anomalies for inclusion into periodic site reports as requested
- Perform routine, daily operational tasks applicable to systems operations, administration and management such as checking status of interfaces and remote connections, purging system log files, checking database size and archiving data,
- Install and administer operating systems software as it relates to the use of CAD, or utilities and service packs as purchased from the vendor to maintain the system
- Complex issue troubleshooting and resolution
- Perform the scheduling and administration of the CAD server backups and recovery of data and CAD configuration files per client's guidelines
- Support for disaster recovery testing
- Work closely with other technical staff to oversee Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping, server / storage hardware and/or network infrastructure maintenance, troubleshooting and/or updates.
- Assist client training staff in development of workflows, operating procedures to improve dispatcher efficiency or deploy new functionality
- Assist the client's GIS mapping staff in deploying new map data and files onto both the test live CAD systems
- Train client’s technical staff for backup systems administration duties via hands on, regular-work apprenticeships
- Manage CAD system problems with immediate communications to the vendor and access to internal developers, systems engineers and hardware professionals
- Provide the interface to the vendor product development process to promote future software features to enhance site operations
- Provide the interface with vendor’s second-level engineers and software implementation engineers to expedite on-site support and answer complex system questions or configuration issues
Mission Critical Partners, LLC
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training that totals four (4) years
- Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in Public Safety systems implementation and integration, including experience successfully implementing, developing, process re-engineering and supporting operations of CAD and related systems
- Exemplary communications, both oral and written. Writing for proposals, presentations, and technical reports. Exceptional listener. Understanding client goals and how they measure success
- Along with MCP’s background screening, the selected individual will be required to successfully complete a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) identity history summary check to include fingerprinting
- Valid Driver’s License with the ability to drive to client locations and MCP Regional offices
Mission Critical Partners (MCP) is a leading independent consulting and information technology (IT) support services firm that helps clients evolve their public safety systems and operations and improve emergency response through our extensive experience, knowledge and resources. By providing insight and support every step of the way, our clients are able to transform their mission-critical operations, maximize the value of their investments and ensure optimal performance and success. Additional information and career opportunities are available at www.MissionCriticalPartners.com
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Mission Critical Partners shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
US Citizens, Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.