Our dramatic growth and client-centric vision has created a career opportunity for a self-motivated individual looking to establish a career with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company. We are seeking a well-versed technical editor. The role requires a client-focused professional committed to success by embracing and living our core values of Persistence, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Prudence
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Edit and write a variety of documents, which may include, but not be limited to, technical reports, guidelines, brochures, articles, diagrams and procurement/specifications documents, all of which relate to public-safety operations and communications
- Complete editing and writing assignments according to defined standards and best practices regarding content organization, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- As part of the editing process, provide quality-assurance reviews that identify errors, inconsistencies and anomalies, as well as issues concerning content organization and flow
- Meet deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates/timelines for information gathering, writing/editing, peer review, and approval
- Work independently and efficiently with little supervision
Mission Critical Partners, Inc.
- Five years of relevant experience writing and editing informational and technical documents, proposals, reports, and articles
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or similar
- Ability to edit and write a wide variety of technical and non-technical material for professional audiences
- Documented proficiency regarding English-language usage, including the ability to spell and define words correctly, and to adhere to rules governing grammar and composition
- Ability to collect and analyze a wide variety of data
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment as well as individually
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding of publishing principles and techniques
- Understanding of operational and technological developments/trends in the public safety sector
- Background working within Public Safety communications and technologies is a plus
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to drive your own vehicle to our client locations and regional offices
Mission Critical Partners helps transform public safety systems and operations at every stage of their lifecycle: assess, implement, design, build and manage. Backed by the best talent in the public safety industry who bring decades of experience to every project, we provide a broad range of consulting and lifecycle management services that give our clients greater confidence they will achieve their vision.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
, Mission Critical Partners shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
United States Citizens, Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.