We are seeking passionate Public Safety professionals to add to our team within the National Capital Region (Northern VA/Maryland). The selected candidate will act as an execution lead in providing operational consulting services focused in Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) and Emergency Operations Center (EOC) technologies, policies, governance, training, assessments and staffing analysis. The role requires a client-focused professional committed to success and who exemplifies our core values of Persistence, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Prudence.
Basic Requirements, Knowledge, and Skills
- Serve as project lead, that includes project and client management tasks. Define and/or manage system requirements for multiple client sites
- Consult with clients, focused in the operations of Public Safety facilities as well as assist in related systems design, procurement and installation, budget and funding prioritization
- Perform onsite surveys of existing systems and organizations with an emphasis on data-gathering, documentation and recommendations on potential system improvement, cost reduction, staffing, and operational efficiencies
- Support negotiations with clients and vendors to adjust and amend scope of services, procurement and budgets to fulfill project requirements
- Coordinate project resources and deliverables. Assist with establishing a project plan and schedule between clients, stakeholders, vendors and company technical/project personnel using structured methodologies
- Effectively and proactively communicate with clients, elected officials, stakeholders and vendors on project status, project success, project issues, and project delays
- Guide clients in the development of operations guidelines and procedure documents, required training, implementation plan and effectiveness testing/measurements
- Assure the quality of project deliverables, including technical standards, client QA/QC procedures, and close-out. Deliver projects within client budget guidelines
- Work with business development staff to develop ongoing programs and proposal statements of work for additional services
Mission Critical Partners, Inc.
- Associate’s Degree in Telecommunications, Public Safety, or related field
- 7 years successful and documented work experience in the assessment, design, consultation and implementation of operations technologies and communications systems for public safety and/or mission critical systems
- In-depth knowledge of policies, processes and documentation requirements for Public Safety operations and administration - budgeting, staffing, etc.
- Subject matter expert for technology and telecommunications within emergency management, disaster planning, response, and recovery
- Experienced team leader with telecommunications expertise that includes 9-1-1 Public Safety, Emergency Management, CPE, CAD, Data Communications Planning, Land Mobile Radio (LMR)/Microwave communications and related telecommunications industry standards and best practices
- Practical competence with planning requirements and documentation required for project management, policies, procedures, and grant programs
- Skilled in the operational assessment, specification, design, implementation and training of systems in support of PSAPs and EOCs
- Understanding of the challenges faced by the PSAP community in the National Capital Region is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License with the ability to drive to client sites and MCP regional office locations
Mission Critical Partners helps transform public safety systems and operations at every stage of their lifecycle: assess, implement, design, build and manage. Backed by the best talent in the public safety industry who bring decades of experience to every project, we provide a broad range of consulting and lifecycle management services that give our clients greater confidence they will achieve their vision.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
, Mission Critical Partners shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
United States Citizens, Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.