Network Technician – Public Safety Co-Managed IT Services
We have an opportunity in the Baltimore area for a Network Technician to support the work of our Co-managed Services Team. The individual will be expected to provide expertise in the implementation and support of our client’s information technology (IT) programs. The role requires a client-focused professional committed to success by embracing and living our core values of Persistence, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Prudence
Basic Requirements, Knowledge and Skills
- Oversee daily performance of our client’s computer systems and networks. Interface with local agencies to provide support to our client’s Public Safety IT infrastructure
- Configure, install, manage various network components/devices, cabling systems, and interfaces. Assist in the installation, maintenance, and updates for mobile devices
- Work with Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Records Management Systems (RMS) vendor teams to provide onsite support and training, workstation installs, prepare and participate with upgrades. Represent the client with CAD/RMS vendor support/implementation team meetings
- Maintain third party back-up and replication software. Execute maintenance work on software, perform upgrades
- Perform administrative tasks and repairs. Test and troubleshoot network equipment such as printers, Avaya telephony systems, 9-1-1 gateway and audio issues. Upgrade firmware and operating systems
- Act as a liaison between users, internal IT, external technology partners, and vendors. Participate in planning and support for site moves, site additions, or other large projects for the client
- Create support tickets on behalf of client users in CAD/RMS issue tracking system
- 5 years’ hands-on experience working with enterprise IT and telecommunication systems
- Associates or Technical Degree/Certificate
- Technically savvy with a deep understanding of network components and interfacing
- Ability to conceptualize, identify, assess, and diagnose problems related to network hardware and software and to find effective solutions
- Versatile and skilled in the assessment, specification, and implementation of enterprise IT (application and server), network migration, and telecommunications (VoIP and Mobile) networks and operations
- Previous experience with Public Safety Customer Premise Equipment (CPE), CAD/RMS are highly desired, but not required
- Must pass CJIS and full employment background check
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and bend/crawl/maneuver around confined spaces
- Valid Driver’s License with the ability to drive to various locations within the Baltimore region
Mission Critical Partners
Mission Critical Partners helps transform public safety systems and operations at every stage of their lifecycle: assess, implement, design, build and manage. Backed by the best talent in the public safety industry who bring decades of experience to every project, we provide a broad range of consulting and lifecycle management services that give our clients greater confidence they will achieve their vision.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
, Mission Critical Partners shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
US Citizens, Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.